The Nairobi Adventist Hospital is a Seventh-day Adventist (SDA) church established and owned Hospital. It is a tertiary (level 4) hospital located in Nyari west area in Westlands sub-county, Nairobi County, Kenya. According to the SDA ranks, the Hospital is within the Central Kenya Conference of SDA Church (CKC) within the East Kenya Union Conference(EKUC).
The facility began as a dispensary opened by missionaries in the year 1940 to provide basic health care to the surrounding community who were suffering from a whole lot of tropical diseases. The dispensary was closed down in 1955 by the colonial government over accusations of providing care to the anti-colonial Mau Mau fighters. It was, however, re-opened in January 1988 and continued to function as a dispensary, serving the surrounding community.
With the growth of the population around and the swelling up of the middle-class populace, the demand for more specialized health care services grew higher prompting the need to expand the facility and engage more highly trained and specialized health care personnel in order to adequately respond to the need.
A modern, state of the art facility, was built and more highly qualified staff brought on board to manage and provide the needed services. The hospital has been build using the funds drawn from the SDA church membership. It offers both inpatient and outpatient services as well as running special clinics. The inpatient bed capacity is 88.