THE PHARMACY IN CHARGE
Duties and responsibilities involve compounding and dispensing medicine in a safe and professional way and working closely with the medical and nursing staff to ensure patients get the optimum care.
Duties and responsibilities
- Retrieving prescription orders
- Medicine compounding
- Maintaining patient profiles
- Answering phones
- Being aware of the latest medicines and their availability
- Receive prescriptions from doctors.
- Prepare prescriptions for patients.
- Verify insurance and prescription information.
- Helps health care providers and patients by greeting them in person and by phone; answering questions and requests; referring inquiries to the doctor.
- Maintains pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; removing outdated drugs.
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Organizes medications to dispense by reading medication orders and prescriptions; preparing labels; calculating quantities; assembling intravenous solutions and other pharmaceutical therapies.
- Maintains records by recording and filing physicians’ orders and prescriptions.
- Ensures medication availability by delivering medications to patients and departments.
- Prepares reports by collecting and summarizing information.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Records and monitors temperature
- Reporting adverse drug reactions and poor-quality drugs to the pharmacy and poisons board
- Holder of diploma in pharmacy from Kenya Medical Training College/any recognized medical institution
- Duly registered by pharmacy and poisons board current practice License
- Supply Management skills, Organization, Integrity, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Dependability, Creating a Safe effective Environment, Quality Focus
- Required to maintain the utmost level of accuracy while processing prescriptions.
- Expected to demonstrate ethical behavior with emphasis on confidentiality, the realization of professional liability, and importance of following a protocol.
- Empathetic and compassionate listener as a member of a healthcare team, who can communicate with tact and diplomacy, should be friendly and interactive with patients and other members of the team.
- While dealing with patients, co-workers, doctors, and nurses should have the emotional maturity to solve conflicts.
- Three years working experience in a busy dispensing unit
To apply for the advertised positions:
Interested candidates are invited to send their application, CV, letter of reference from pastor/chaplain, and copies of certificates on or before Tuesday, 31st August 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
All the required documents cited above should be sent as one PDF document (no hard copies will be accepted)
Addressed to: The Human Resource Manager,
Central Kenya Conference
- O. Box 41352-00100
Quoting the position applied for as the subject line.